– Financial strength rating: A++ (Superior)
– Debt rating on company’s existing debt securities: aaa
– The outlook for both ratings – stable
– Insurer financial strength: AAA (Exceptionally Strong — highest rating possible)
– Senior debt and long-term issuer score: AAA
– Consumers rated GEICO above the national average for simplicity of doing business, trustworthiness and benevolence in a national survey of attitudes about the financial services industry.
Fortune’s Most Admired List
– Berkshire Hathaway ranked No. 7 U.S. company, and top property casualty insurer.
Kanbay Research Institute
– Rated GEICO #1 as the most desired insurer among consumers based on:
o high regard for customer service
o focus on staff training and development
– Consumers praise speed of GEICO’s telephone operations, along with associates’ strong knowledge base and courtesy
– geico.com earned high marks for functionality with rate quotes typically processed in 15 minutes
– Of the 10 auto insurers evaluated in Keynote’s Q2 2006 customer experience study of leading auto insurance sites, GEICO topped Keynote’s Customer Acquisition Index, a measure of success in driving site visitors to obtain a quote and/or an auto insurance policy from the company. The quality of GEICO’s online customer experience, combined with its consumer-friendly auto insurance products, contributes to GEICO’s lead in this index.
Moody’s Investors Services
– Berkshire Hathaway holds Aaa rating.
Standard and Poor’s (S&P)
– Corporate credit rating: AAA
– Financial strength rating of its subsidiaries: AAA
– GEICO was named to Ward’s 50 Benchmark Group in 2006 and has received this award for 16 consecutive years. The award is presented to companies that have achieved outstanding financial results in the areas of safety, consistency, and performance.