Aetna (NYSE: AET) is one of the nation’s leaders in health care, dental, pharmacy, group life, disability, and long-term care insurance and employee benefits. Dedicated to helping people achieve health and financial security, Aetna puts information and helpful resources to work for its members to help them make better-informed decisions about their health care. (Figures as of Sept. 30, 2006)Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President: Ronald A. Williams
2005 Revenue: $22.5 billion
– 15.383 million medical members
– 13.396 million dental members
– 10.202 million pharmacy members
– 15.309 million group insurance members
Health Care Networks:
– More than 767,000 health care professionals
– More than 453,000 primary care doctors and specialists
– 4,467 hospitals
– A network of specialist physicians, AexcelSM, based on clinical performance and cost efficiency.
Products and Programs:
– Aetna offers a broad range of insurance and employee benefits products.
– The first national, full-service health insurer to offer a consumer-directed health plan, Aetna continues to lead the way with its Aetna HealthFund line of products, including HSA, HRA and RRA options.
– Aetna offers a wide array of programs and services that help control rising employee benefits costs while striving to improve the quality of health care, such as case management; disease management and patient safety programs; integrated medical, dental, pharmaceutical, behavioral health and disability information.
– Aetna provides members with access to convenient tools and easy-to-understand information that can help them make better-informed decisions about their health and financial wellbeing.
Aetna provides benefits through employers in all 50 states, with products and services targeted specifically to small, mid-sized and large multi-site national employers.
Aetna also serves individuals and Medicare beneficiaries in certain markets.
Strategic Resource Company
The Chickering GroupSM
Corporate Headquarters 151 Farmington Avenue
Hartford, CT 06156