Homeowners Loss of Use Coverage

Loss of use coverage or Coverage D is homeowners insurance which covers living expenses if you and your family are displaced from your home.

Often, after a hurricane, fire, or other similar peril damages or destroys your home, you and your family may have to live in a hotel or rent a house. This type of coverage is very important if your home is deemed uninhabitable.

Loss of use coverage has two options. The first reimburses you for expenses associated with renting a temporary residence while your home is being rebuilt or repaired.

The second option known as Fair Rental Value is used when a rented part of the dwelling is damaged or destroyed. Fair rental value reimburses property owners for the amount of rent they would have received for the damaged part of the house.

Using InsuranceUSA.com can help you find the right homeowners insurance loss of use coverage. So, don’t delay any longer, simply enter your zip code and get started today!