SafeAuto Insurance Company offers drivers five tips to save money on car insurance. SafeAuto’s tips are based on more than a decade of experience in the automobile insurance industry, offering state required insurance coverage to an underserved market.
“The combination of high gas prices and an unsteady economy has consumers keeping an eye on every dollar they spend, and automobile insurance is no exception,” Jon Diamond, president of SafeAuto said. “A growing number of people who may have never thought about shopping auto insurance prices are looking for low cost insurance options. Keeping customers legal for less has always been the central mission at SafeAuto Insurance Company.”
SafeAuto recommends the following tips to save money on car insurance:
1. Some cars cost more to insure. Sports cars and the more expensive models are simply more expensive to insure because they are more expensive to repair in an accident. Do some research before you buy, and ask your existing insurance company if they use any specific criteria to determine the cost of insuring a vehicle. Also realize cars can be re-classified causing your insurance rates to increase.
2. Arm yourself with an alarm. Installing safety and anti-theft devices lower your risk profile. The lower the risk of theft, the less expensive it will be to insure your vehicle. Be sure to tell your insurance company about the devices you have installed.
3. Reduce drive time. Drivers who average 40 miles or less a day qualify for low mileage discounts with most car insurance companies.
4. Determine a deductible amount. Higher deductibles usually mean cheaper insurance policies. If you are prepared to pay a higher amount in the event of an accident, you can save money by increasing your deductible.
5. Play it Safe. Your driving record can significantly impact your insurance costs. If you’ve had multiple accidents or moving violations you’re likely to have a higher insurance bill. Drivers with safe driving records also often qualify for discounts on their policies. The easiest way to be a safe driver is to pay attention to your driving. Do not use cell phones or other electronic devices while driving, and never drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
SafeAuto Insurance Company was started in Ohio in 1993. As a provider of minimum insurance coverage and serving an underserved market, the company quickly expanded into Indiana, Kentucky, Georgia, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas. Today, the company provides minimum insurance coverage to automobile drivers in 14 states. SafeAuto is a direct-to-consumer auto insurance company that does not rely on a middleman, which ultimately saves its clients money. The company specializes in minimum coverage to meet the law’s requirements for automobile insurance coverage in every state in which it operates.
For more information visit http://www.safeauto.com.
Media Contact: Michelle Moore Paul Werth Associates 614-224-8114, ext. 228 Email Contact
SOURCE: SafeAuto Insurance Company