Over a third of van drivers chose the Mercedes Vito as their favourite vehicle, according to figures released today.
An online survey of 1,200 customers by van insurance retailer, Swinton Commercial, found that 37% of van drivers would buy the Mercedes Vito if money wasn’t an object.
The Volkswagen Transporter came in at a close second with 35% of the votes.
According to the survey, the top 5 vans were:
1. Mercedes Vito (37.4%)
2. Volkswagen Transporter (34.6%)
3. Ford Transit (17%)
4. Toyota Hiace (6.6%)
5. Chevy 2010 Express (4.4%)
Phil Moss, Commercial Vehicle Manager at Swinton Commercial, said: “Even if money is no object when choosing a van, drivers need to consider the cost of the van insurance. Aside from the initial outlay of purchasing the vehicle, some of these vans will incur high insurance premiums due to their level of risk and cost of repair.”
– Swinton Commercial is the dedicated commercial insurance division of the Swinton Group
– Swinton Commercial was awarded Commercial Lines Broker of the Year 2008 and is a finalist at the British Insurer Awards 2009
– With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK’s largest high street insurance retailer
– Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
– Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
– With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates
Contacts: SKV Communications Anoushka Done, Anna Asamoah or Mairead Rodden 0161 838 7770 www.skvcommunications.co.uk/