Swinton Commercial has requested that potential buyers think carefully when buying a used vehicle, after Anchor Vans – one of the leading vendors of used vans in the UK – has reported an upsurge in sales of used vans in the last month.
Swinton Commercial, one of the UK’s largest high street retailers of van insurance is offering the following tips to help buyers combat the familiar problems of buying and owning a used vehicle:
– Check the paperwork – make sure the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the paperwork and the vehicle itself match.
– Test drive the van – make sure to check the brakes and the mileage.
– Check the basic standard of the vehicle; for example see whether it comes with air conditioning, electric windows or power steering (important on large vans).
– Make sure you are 100% happy with the vehicle before buying.
– Ensure that you have comprehensive van insurance cover that you can rely on.
Phil Moss, Commercial Vehicle Manager at Swinton Commercial said, “Driving a used vehicle has many potential pitfalls, it is therefore very important that all used van drivers ensure they have the best protection and adequate van insurance.”
— With 603 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK’s largest high street insurance retailer — Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community — Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance — With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates
Contacts: SKV Communications Jonathan Brook, Caroline Eardley or Mairead Rodden 0161 838 7770 www.skvcommunications.co.uk